Successful businesses are built by people, not technology. And successful product and brand franchises are built by first understanding the customer. Who are they? What makes them tick? And what motivation does your product or service satisfy? We work with your organization, not from afar, but as part of your team to understand and clarify product and customer life cycles; identify new market opportunities; build a strategy based on a set of key assumptions that can be refined and validated; all with a view to establishing, refining, or redefining the key elements that create market advantaged, leadership positions.
Our approaches to client solutions include the following:
- Market and Category Analysis: Marketers need a deep understanding of how markets and categories are structured now and how they are likely to evolve in the future.
- 360 Degree Assessments: What do customers, analysts, the media, partners, and your own organization consider relevant and important? How do the dots connect? And what are the possibilities for misalignment?
- Customer Segmentation: All customers are not equal. Who are the “ideal customers for your product or service? Why? Who do they reference? What characteristics favor one group over another?
- Product Positioning & Differentiation: How do you achieve “mental shelf space” with your customers and prospects? The answers are often surprisingly different based on myriad dynamics within any given category and segmentation model.
- Channel Development & Optimization: A channel strategy is an important strategic consideration that should not be a function of simply having partners to serve as additional distribution.
- Marketing Communication Strategy: The way you communicate should be influenced by what you need to communicate – and what your audience needs to hear.